What do Acoustic foam panels do?
Say bye to echo and reverberation. Introducing you to one of the cheapest soundproofing techniques, the best Acoustic foam panel. It is the conventional way to absorb echos.
Acoustic made with polyurethane Or extruded melamine foam. An acoustic foam panel is a frothy substance that is usually cut into tiles. This has two sides; one is either pyramid or cone or wedge or uneven cuboid shapes. This panel can be pasted to the optimal walls, doors, ceiling, or studio room to prevent soundproof.
To improve the sound qualities by managing unconsumed sound through absorbing is the primary purpose of acoustic foam. This foam panel is used in studio rooms, restaurants, churches, theatres, and many other places. Sound waves glance off surfaces hinder the aptitude for recording music or dubbing. It can reduce the echo or reverberation but not entirely remove it. It can make a room less echoey. Generally, Acoustic foam panels defeat repercussions in the mid and high frequencies. Use much thicker acoustic foam fold in wood or metal to handle lower frequencies.
It can lessen noise from outside sources and confine them. It lets you entertain many activities in residential and commercial areas that wouldn’t happen without acoustic foam. The acoustic foam panel is simple to paste, and the installation process is speedy. This is also pocket-friendly for everyone.
Overview of Acoustic Foam Panels
As we step into the new ordinary world, we can work from home, but can we start a home recording studio? The answer is Yes, creating a home recording studio is effortless; all you need is a few basic requirements.
The essentials you may need to start your home recording studio are computers, headphones, audio interfaces, studio monitors, pop filters, ear training, and soundproofing materials; these materials help uninterrupted record audio and provide professional, fabulous music.
In this article, I will tell you the ten best Acoustic Foam Panels and provide all the essential information about soundproofing and sound-absorbing material that helps make your home recording studio. Without frittering away your time, start our list of 10 best Acoustic foam panels for your home recording studio so that you can choose from this list and buy the best and most pocket-friendly soundproofing foam panels at your convenience.
Here is the list of the 10 best Acoustic Foam Panels for your Home Recording Studio.
- SoundAssured Acoustic Studio Foam
- IZO Acoustic Egg-Crate Tiles
- Pro Studio Acoustics Wedge Foam
- JBER Pyramid Acoustic Foam Panels
- Mybecca Acoustic Panels
- Foamily Pyramid Acoustic Panels
- Auralex Acoustics Studiofoam Wedges
- Audimute AcoustiColor Acoustic Tiles
- Auralex SonoFlat Absorption Foam
- Auralex Roominator Acoustic Foam Kit
[Image Credit: Amazon]
Now, I will individually provide complete information about the listed foam panels and review them so that you can easily choose favorable acoustic foam panels at your convenience.
1. SoundAssured Acoustic Studio Foam
SoundAssured is a well-reputed brand company based in the USA. This product helps to tackle your sound control problems with acoustic foam. SoundAssured is the front-runner and the most commonly used acoustic foam panels.
SoundAssured acoustic foam is great for sound deadening at home or in a professional studio. These handy foam panels can be placed side by side for an aesthetically pleasing feel that will surely make your room look and sound great.
Acoustic foam is used for high, mid, and low-frequency ranges to aid in blocking sound and stopping echoes inside your room. Smaller panels offer more choices for placement and design and are ideal for spot treating any environment. Start your project today by ordering SoundAssured Acoustic Foam.
- Design: these acoustic foam panels have a beautiful wedge-style angled design corroborate optimum sound absorbency. It has a practical design that is easy to install. The acoustic barrier in the foam panels can be applied for permanent or temporary use. Two thick foam panels help to absorb the sound of mid to high frequencies and to control echoes.
- Details: these soundproofing panels come in a four-pack, with an option of varieties of colors. These acoustic foam panels are fire-retardant with a rating of ASTM E 84, and the dimensions of these panels are 12 by 12 inches square and two inches thick.
- Special features: SoundAssured Foam Panels help to moderate sound and remove or control echoes. The wedge style of these panels is untroubled to install, and you can trim them with the help of normal scissors and stick them with adhesive or tape. It is the best soundproofing material that absorbs mid to high frequencies.
- Package content: with these acoustic foam panels, you will get one bundle of four 1’sqaures of 2” thick professional acoustic foam, covering 4 square feet.
- This product helps with noise reduction.
- Economical solution.
- Amazing customer reviews.
- Effective design.
- Easy to install.
- Fire retardant.
- It does not block the noise completely.
These soundproofing panels are effective in removing or controlling echoes and mid to high frequency. This product is one of the best products on this list. It has various color options and a classy wedge style, which gives your recording room an aesthetic look. This product is a cheap foam panel that is worth buying.
2. IZO Acoustic Egg-Crate Tiles
IZO Acoustic Egg-Crate tiles are one of the best acoustic foam panels to soundproof a room. It has all the best features which make your room soundproof. This brand is well-known for its product quality.
This foam panel helps cancel noise inside and outside the room. IZO Acoustic Egg-Crate Tiles are suitable for Craft Foam, Packing Foam, Packing Supplies, Studio Foam, High-Density Foam. The egg-crate design of these foam panels is trouble-free to install and absorbs most of the sound. You can check IZO Acoustic Egg-Crate Tile prices on Amazon.
- Design: this soundproofing panel has an intelligent design that can absorb more sound. Each tile splits into “2 WEDGES”. Once You Split – Each egg crate foam acoustic foam soundproofing Foam panel HIGHEST point reaches 1.5-inch height. Its LOWEST point comes 1/2 inch in size. / Overall Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC): 0.4.
- Details: Smaller soundproof padding panels offer more options for placement and design / Pack of 6. Covers 6 sq. ft. (Covers 1 sq. ft. per sheet). It can help increase sound clarity in a room or space. Great Use For Media Content (YouTubers / Music Edit & Recording, Video Gamer). These foam panels are two inches thick when measured from the peak of the tip of the foam to the base. Variety of sizes of 12 inches to 36 inches.
- Special features: Used to acoustically treat walls or, most commonly, ceilings (especially if they aren’t parallel to the floor). Light Weight Soundproof Foam can be applied on Ceilings. Soft / Flexible – even great for soundproof padding sound insulation sound dampening (Camera accessories, Go-Pro, etc.). These panels are ideal for chair cushions, foam mattress topper, acoustic foam, foam padding, and soundproofing foam.
- Package content: this acoustic foam panel comes with three tiles; each tile splits into two wedges.
- Easy to use
- Good quality product
- High absorbency
- Value for money
- Not much effective in noise cancellation.
IZO acoustic egg-crate tiles help to decrease the sound of our air intake. Tacked them on the wall around the furnace unit. They worked great where within twenty feet it was around 50db.
3. Pro Studio Acoustics Wedge Foam
Pro Studio Acoustics wedge foam tiles are the perfect solution for acoustically treating home studios, listening rooms, recording studios, control rooms, home theaters, and more. They provide professional results for anyone looking to control the sound environment of a room more accurately.
Pro Studio Acoustics foam is specifically formulated with extra additives for acoustical sound absorption applications. Each piece of acoustic foam is precision machine cut to ensure straight edges and uniform sizes.
- Design: these soundproofing panels have alternating alignment patterns and colors, which helps to absorb more sound. Pro Studio Acoustics Wedge Foam has an eye-catchy and attractive checkerboard.
- Details: Each piece of foam comes uncompressed and in pristine condition, easy to install. This foam will not be warped or damaged from highly compressed vacuum packaging. Includes acoustic foam, installation instructions, and datasheet.
- Special features: these soundproofing panels cover the entire wall, or they can be helpful for spot treatments in the audio environment. Reduces standing waves and flutter echoes in small to medium-sized rooms. NRC of 0.65. Fire retardant ASTM E84 Class A and California TB #117.
- Package content: This package contains 2 different colors (6 blue-colored tiles and 6 charcoal-colored tiles). Each piece of acoustic foam can be installed in an alternating pattern creating both stunning visual design and outstanding acoustics. The total coverage area is 12 square feet.
- Value for money.
They make for great decor for the space as well; these are good quality panels. These foam panels cannot compare to the absorption of others. However, compared to the booths of other people’s cubicles, these provide excellent sound reduction.
4- JBER Pyramid Acoustic Foam Panels
Effective sound deadener for standing waves and flutter echoes, especially when used with our corner bass traps and corner blocks. JBER Pyramid Acoustic Foam Panels are used to remove reverberation and sound reflections, provide sound insulation industrial and domestic applications suitable for sound studios. Unlike polyurethane foam, fiberglass and rock wool have health risks.
This product can be used as acoustic cover for walls, ceilings, and doors, and other various places such as theaters or movie theaters, recording studios, and other busy and crowded places such as gyms, subways, stations, offices, schools, and other areas. It also reduces slap-back and room rings in medium-sized areas like isolation booths, recording booths, control rooms, and sound studios.
- Design: This foam is ideal for spot-treating production studios, practice rooms, or home entertainment centers. Also, this foam helps with smaller agitation echo complications. For decorative purposes, wedges, egg crates, and pyramids can also be arranged side-by-side with acoustic bass traps, corner bass traps, triumph, and other bass acoustic foam.
- Details: 2″ X 12″ X 12″ Acoustic Panel Studio Foam Wedges are 2 inches thick and cover 1 square foot.
- Special features: JBER Pyramid Acoustic Foam Panels are two inches thick and have a pyramid-cone shape. They come in a 24-pack in three colors of charcoal, blue, and red. They are 12 inches square and add modest soundproofing to reduce outside noise.
- Content package: 24 Pack Covers 24 Square Feet – Each tile is 1 square foot of a 2-inch thick acoustic wedge.
- High absorbency.
- Good noise cancellation.
- Provides best sound quality
- No such cons.
This product is economical, easy to shape, cut to size, and altering won’t affect the performance of the foam panels. These soundproofing panels make higher quality audio and video recording by instantly improving audio quality by reducing background noise and echo while recording your voiceovers, music, interviews, podcasts, or YouTube videos.
5. Mybecca Acoustic Panels
Mybecca acoustic panels are one of the most effective sound reduction, which removes echoes and unwanted flutter. Acoustic foam panels feature a classic design that offers excellent sound deadening and echoes absorption: music, voices of a bus, or one-night conversations about the night.
This product effectively eliminates standing waves, flutter echoes, reduces unwanted reflections, and is suitable for studios, recording studios, vocal booths, and control rooms.
- Design: t has a stylish wedge design with a checkerboard pattern that alternates the alignments with the same color wedges. The wedge-style panels absorb more sound and perform their best to make your room soundproof.
- Details: These foam panel NRC: 0.9 – 80% to 90% and CA technical bulletin 117-2013 flammability standard complaint. They are 12 inches square. They are a cost-efficient price because they come in a pack of 48 panels.
- Special features: These panels are one of the most effective foam panels; it eliminates 80% to 90% of typical background noise and sounds. High-quality panels which absorb sound, standing waves reduce undesired sound reflection. These panels are best for recording studios, control rooms, and vocal booths. You can easily install them in small and large spaces.
- Package content: One pack offers coverage of 48 square feet.
- Easy to use and install.
- High absorbency.
- Classy look
- Amazing customer responses.
- No such cons.
Mybecca Acoustic Panels Review
Mybecca Acoustic Panels are one of the best soundproofing panels on this list, and they are highly effective panels that eliminate 80% to 90% of the noise from inside and outside the room. It is affordable and entirely worthy of buying.
6. Foamily Pyramid Acoustic Panels
In this list, there is another foam panel known as Foamily Pyramid Acoustic Panels, and these acoustic foam panels are designed to reduce reverberation in the room. This product is great for voice and video recording.
These soundproofing panels can be used as acoustic cover for walls, ceilings and doors, and other various places such as theaters or movie theaters, recording studios, and other busy and crowded places such as gyms, subways, stations, offices, schools, and other areas.
- Design: These panels are classy and well designed, which give your room a stylish look and one of the thickest panels; you can also use them for decoration purposes. These soundproofing panels have an egg-crate pyramid-like design which is attractive, and it is available in many colors options. These are modular absorption studio tiles. Pyramid foam provides reasonable sound control on walls or ceilings, especially ones not parallel to the floor. This product is best for when absolute sound deadening is not required, but moderate deadening is desired.
- Details: These acoustic foam panels are made in the USA and pass the CA technical bulletin cal 117- 2013 test. They come in a pack of 48 panels.
- Special features: Great for spot treating sound on walls in your studio or office, can be used in recording studios, control rooms, Offices home studios, home entertainment theaters, Home Offices, Very Good Quality High NRC.
- Package content: It contains 24 inches by 48 inches by two inches thick 48 foam panels.
- Value of money
- High absorbency
- Amazing customer responses.
- No such cons.
These foam panels are one of the most effective foam panels that helps to cancel noise with high frequencies. These acoustic foam panels are affordable, and other customers appreciate the features of this product.
7. Auralex Acoustics Studiofoam Wedges
Auralex is a well-known brand in the world of soundproofing material. Auralex Acoustics Studiofoam Wedge offers excellent, safe, and easy-to-install studio foam treatment. With just a pack or two of studio foam on your walls, you’ll hear a night-and-day difference in your sound.
These soundproofing foam panels have an excellent performance with an NRC rating of .75 to .80. These soundproofing panels can be used as acoustic cover for walls, ceilings and doors and other various places such as theatres or movie theatres, recording studios, and other busy and crowded places such as gyms, subways, stations, offices, schools, and other areas, so it is one of the best acoustic foam panel.
- Design: These acoustic foam panels are smaller than other panels and come in a classy charcoal color. The smaller size of the panels facilitates more options for placement and designs. You can easily install them in small and large places with the help of adhesive or tape.
- Details: These soundproofing panels are classified as B in fire rating. It is NRC of .80 and is available online as a set of 24 panels in a pack.
- Special features: These acoustic foam panels have a special feature of great performance at a lower cost. These come in smaller panels that can be fit in small spaces. Each pack includes (24) 2″ x 12″ x 12″ Thick Studiofoam Panels” “- 24 Square Feet”.
- Package content: This product is available in small size and only with charcoal grey color, a set of 24 panels.
- High absorbency.
- Great performance.
- The small size can make it time-consuming in installation for significant places.
These foam panels are also the best product in this list, and it gives the best performance by the high absorbing sound facility. These foam panels are worthy of buying.
8 Audimute AcoustiColor Acoustic Tiles
As the name of this product, you can see, these foam panels have various color options. Every AcoustiColor product includes an AcoustiColor Touch Up Kit because bumps and dings happen. This all-in-one paint touch-up kit is specially formulated to provide long-lasting repairs to minor nicks, scratches, and chips with a simple squeeze of the enclosed bottle.
These panels are made up of recycled blend cotton, and cellulose panels are designed to reduce echo and reverberation in homes effectively classrooms use; these are eco-friendly panels because they are mostly made up of consumed newspapers. The heaters, restaurants, and any other space need a noise reduction solution.
- Design: These panels are available in many colors. This sound absorption material consists of a blend of recycled cotton and cellulose fibers, the majority of which is the post-consumer recycled newspaper, and requires a great 110th of the amount of energy to produce compared to traditional fiberglass. These panels are best. They are eco-friendly and safe for health because they contain non-toxic, non-carcinogenic substances.
- Details: These acoustic foam panels are the highest possible rating under the ASTM E-84. These foam panels are top quality, fire-resistant, and of various sizes, like 1 by 1 inch to 3 by 3 inches.
- Special features: The main feature of this product is you can customize the shape, sizes, images, finishing, and framing for your order. These panels are fire-resistant, eco-friendly, and safe for health. They are highly effective with an excellent NRC rating of 0.95 and help soundproof the room, wall, and ceilings. Each panel is 1.5 inches thick.
- Package content: These panels come with a set that can be customized at your convenience.
- Easy to install and use.
- Great performance.
- High sound reverberation.
- A little bit costly.
This product has different features from the list; you can make changes in the acoustic foam panels at your convenience while ordering it; it can absorb most of the sound and make your room soundproof.
9. Auralex SonoFlat Absorption Foam
As you already know about the brand Auralex, as mentioned above in the context. There is another product of this brand known as Auralex SonoFlat Absorption Foam; they are also highly effective foam panels.
You can easily install them and use them in many places like acoustic covers for walls, ceilings, doors, and other various areas such as theatres or movie theatres, recording studios, and other busy. Crowded places such as gyms, subways, stations, offices, schools, and other areas are the best acoustic foam panels.
- Design: These foam panels are open-cell acoustic foam. As the product’s name, it has a flat surface, flat panels are 2 x 2 x 2 inches panels and Made of our industry-leading studio foam. The edges are beveled, contributing to an elegant look Not generally associated with acoustic foam. The panels can be installed quickly and arranged in a multitude of attractive patterns.
- Details: This product meets flammability standard UL 94 HF- 1. It comes with a set of 14 panels in a pack.
- Special features: These acoustic foam panels offer excellent mid to high frequencies absorption through an overall NRC rating of 0. 95. It provides alternative flutter echo and slaps back, and it has high density.
- Package content: The pack of Auralex SonoFlat Absorption Foam comes with a group of 14 panels; each collection includes 12 by 12 inches and 1 inch, thick boards.
- Easy to use and install.
- Highly effective.
- No such cons.
This product is also one of the best acoustic soundproofing panels on the list; you can easily install them, the flat surface of the foam panels absorb the sound in them.
10. Auralex Roominator Acoustic Foam Kit
Another Auralex product with all the best features is favorable for those who like to purchase in bulk. Auralex Roominator Acoustic Foam Kit is highly effective for small studios; you can easily install them without the help of experts.
The Auralex Roominator Kits span a wide variety of applications, addressing the acoustic and aesthetic needs of the small project studio and the most demanding professional mix/mastering environments. Whether it’s your first home studio, a home theatre, or a noisy listening environment, it is designed to improve acoustics and give a great designer look.
- Design: These acoustic foam panels give your loom a classy and attractive look and help to absorb the sound inside and outside the room. You can easily install these panels in your room’s wall and ceiling to soundproof them.
- Details: this product contains 18 – 1′ x 1′ x 2″ DST-112 Panels, Charcoal; 18 – 1′ x 1′ x 2″ DST-114 Panels.
- Special features: These panels are fire-resistant. It can absorb mid to high-frequency reflections to control the ambiance of the room. It eliminates flutter echo and reflects them. These are the set of 36 panels with a thickness of 2 inches and 12 by 12 inches sides.
- Package content: Auralex Roominator Acoustic Foam Kit has 36 acoustic foam panels of 18 charcoal and 18 burgundy panels. Each forum is 12 by 12 inches at the side and 2 inches thick.
- Easy to use and install.
- Available in bulk
- High absorbency
- A bit economical.
These foam panels are one of the best products of trusted brand Auralex. You can purchase in bulk. These soundproofing panels are highly effective and give excellent performance in soundproofing a room and a home studio, worth buying.
To contact our team, please drop an email to - firstname.lastname@example.org, We will reach out to you in the next 48 business hours.